Translate

Changes.


To be completely honest, for a while, I had been hit with a bit of creative block, plus, I did not want to force any whack stories on you. You deserve the very best, and I know, you are all waiting for LIVING A DOUBLE LIFE continuation. 

It will be dropping soon, that's guaranteed.



 

Yesterday, I was with someone's daughter, a very petite and beautiful specimen, together with some people  somewhere on Riverside drive. They were all sharing their highlights for this specific year, and I was left there dazed, wondering, 

“Kwani, 

nimekuwa nikifanya nini hii mwaka?” 

If you are not careful, you might start feeling sorry for yourself, and the sneaky bastard called depression might start creeping up to you unknowingly. As time went on, one by one we started telling stories. Amazing ones, where you could sniff out different experiences from each tale. 

Listening to all beautiful stories as a storyteller was a thrilling experience. When it always came to my turn, I found myself starting each tale with many moons ago, and I know it might come off as an assumption but, I thought this was what crossed their minds every time I started a tale with many moons ago, 

“Kwani, how old is this guy?”

As we told our stories, something else was happening on the side. A group of friends I know had created a group chat for efficient planning and communication and were planning a retreat somewhere in this beautiful earth we  have been graced to live. One of the friends asked in the group chat, 

“kuna msee hapa hakati maji?”

(Is there anyone here who doesn't partake of alcohol?)

When I replied, I don't drink, it was like I  disturbed a bee's hive. The replies that followed shortly after my statement, Lord have mercy. The banters that flowed, Manchester United and Chelsea fans have received less banters from their defeats than I received, the memes, and how my phone could not stop vibrating due to the tons of messages that were coming in at a rate similar to the way the Kenyan government is taxing anything and everything.

Word on the street is, it is just a ruse I am pulling. Most people, especially people I used to hangout with, can not believe I do not partake of anything, or to put it more clearly, any substance that you know is abused. Change is beautiful right? 

Anyway, 

what has been your highlight 

for this year?

Comments

  1. "Many moons ago" 😂😂 I can't stop imagining how fantastic it feels to use that line.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Is a pleasure to keep you as my reader entertained. Peace✌️