Translate

Good food.

Food inspires stories.

Good food however 

create great stories that transcend millennia.

Guys, where do you think the term, kula story came from? Anyway, where was I, aaah yes, we were talking about food. 

Picture yourself navigating through the labyrinth. In the alleyways and side streets of Nairobi or any other place, in particular, you may think of, it could be in Kenya, somewhere in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, North or South America, the aroma of fresh and expertly prepared dishes wafting through the air, beckoning you like a siren's song. 

I was at this interaction at Baraza Media, a very dope, and serene space to be at I can tell you, There was an activity going on there that I  attended and was very much engaged in. Paul Otieno, also known as Pau Shinski, someone proficient in what he does was sharing a few valuable insights on how to navigate the industry, and practical tips on how to showcase your creative work to potential clients and monetize your passion

We sat there, attentive like little children watching Coco Melon, and we interjected with questions, comments, or both whenever we deemed it necessary. When you are having fun at something, time flies, it was such a nice session that we barely noticed four hours had passed in a flash, and we had reached that moment where the session had and was to wind up. 

I thought the best moments were behind us now that the session was slowing winding up, that was up until the person who was moderating the session informed us that there was a bite to eat, and then afterward one may leave at one's pleasure. 

I thought perhaps the bite to eat would be some coffee, juice, or tea with some accompaniments like mandazi or biscuits, I was wrong, very wrong. 

We found a buffet 
waiting for us when we were done.



There was pilau, a fragrant rice dish, that beckons with its blend of exotic spices. Chapati, a versatile favorite stood ready to complement any dish. Next, there were beans, infused with flavor, and a well-brewed meat stew followed afterwards. Succulent meatballs marinated in a secret blend of spices emerge. Stir-fried chicken closed off what was being plated. 

At the very end, 
there was a variety of freshly squeezed fruit juice 
one could choose from 
to take. 

There was mint, passion, mango, etc. 

I smiled as each item on the buffet was being served on my plate, up until I reached the fruit juice where I picked and filled my glass with a mixture of mango, and passion juice. 

As I partook in this culinary adventure, I found myself immersed in the wonderful stories shared by the other attendees who I had the pleasure of being acquitted just a few hours ago.

There you will witness the camaraderie of acquaintances sharing a meal, being aware of the hustle and bustle of the creative undertaking of each of the attendees at the table you are seated and the infectious good vibes energy you all bring to the table

Look back to every story, that you have ever experienced, at least seventy percent, was over a bite to eat.

Listen to 

 

Comments