Translate

Competition

 If someone happened to ask you, 

what do you think made us evolve? 

Some would say the environment, having a long-term memory, curiosity to innovate you know making fire clothes, weapons, becoming better at being predators, and less of prey, while some would say they don't know, and I would not blame them. 

If the same question were to be asked to me, 
I would say competition. 

They say that comparison is the thief of contentment, and I would have no disagreement about that, but they are forgetting something. Competition is the jet fuel of every breakthrough, development, evolution, growth, and headway ever witnessed in the history of mankind. It is what has made us evolve, and continue to evolve more. 

Just think about it. 



What makes us tick, is what causes the split into two or more sides. It is what makes the saying, iron sharpens iron. 

For example,
take a game like football,
competition 
is what makes the game grow tenfold. 

You can see it through the debates of who is the better player, Haaland or Mbappe? Between Ronaldo and Messi, who is the goat?  Which is the better team, in La Liga Spain, Barcelona or Real Madrid? In Kenya Premier League,  is it Gor Mahia or AFC Leopards? In English Premier League, is it  Arsenal or Manchester? 

Competition has always been the driving force in the world, and as much as I tried, I could not escape its reach, its grip, I found myself being pulled into its orbit bit by bit. I did not like it, but there I was, like an addict, getting a high out of it all, without any shame. 

Fortunately or unfortunately based on where you are standing, someone, an organization, had thrown out a challenge. 

The challenge was, are you the best storyteller? 

Prove it to the world, 
to us, 
to yourself, 
are you the very best 
that you claim 
to be? 
It's a thrilling experience I tell you. To step into a space where you are competing, where you can be totally immersed, head to head with others with similar skills to yours. 
I experienced a different kind of rush, I felt how Max Verstappen feels when going up against Luiz Hamilton or City Boyz versus Wababaz.

I submitted my draft to the competition to see if I was truly the best storyteller compared to the others. Competition is tough and challenging but what you don't know and is a different ball game altogether is waiting patiently, for the verdict of who is the greatest? 

And in my case, 
who is the best storyteller?

Letstoriesunfold is now on Spotify.

Tell someone to tell someone who will tell another someone and the chain continues.

Listen to Letstoriesunfold

x

Comments

  1. What a stunt? Rada safi. Ukitolewa kwa game no need of complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ⁰This is a masterpiece. As expected from Letstoriesunfold. Keep up the Good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bruh content...sitaogopa kuvuka barabara na wewe kama hii ndio akili uko nayo😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ivi ata mi umenitia mwasho wa kuangusha kapiece.#To competition for motivation and all that🍻

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Is a pleasure to keep you as my reader entertained. Peace✌️