Translate

Tales of Jezebel, part 3 - Woah

Pain wrecked havoc on my body as adrenaline dropped to zero levels. She laid me on her white cotton sheets as she went in the bathroom. 

Damn!

Those hanging lines that had snapped 

had done a number on me.



She came back later with a washcloth dripping with some liquid and as she attended to my injuries, boy! Did it sting like a hive full of bees descending on one that has invaded their hive and stolen their honey. 

Working her way down to my ass injury, she poured spirit on the wound. That pain was just too much it felt like every nerve on my body was triggered at that moment plus I was exhausted thus I found myself blacking out cold.

I woke up hours later, my injuries all bandaged particularly my ass that had been shot, and my body still hurt like hell, I kid you not. 

Sitting up seemed to take all of eternity because every single movement I made or tried to make triggered a fresh dose of pain for me. 

As I perused the room, I noticed to my side there was a dark blue cotton smooth bathrobe with a sticky note stuck to it. The sticky note said,

“Hey stranger,”

“there is some painkillers on top of the kitchen counter.”

“You may wear that bathrobe and chill with it”

“till I come back in the evening.”

“Peace.”

I dragged my aching body which felt like it weighed a ton to the kitchen counter, fetched some water from the tap, and washed the painkillers down my throat with it. I was stranded, I didn’t have my phone so I couldn’t talk with my boys even if I wanted to. 

Walking up to Talia’s place, 

was a suicidal mission all on its own.

I noticed a book, a novel to be specific on the table at the corner of the room right when I was wondering what was I going to do till she comes back. I read it for a while before I drifted off to sleep again.

A beautiful aroma

awoke me from my deep slumber,

and

as I slowly opened my eyes,

I realized Ann had come back.


As I sat up, I realized that most of the pain had subsided, and was that a good relief! She must have heard me move and she turned to face me smiling. 

She lowered the heat, washed and wiped her hands on the kitchen cloth. She walked over to where I was, pulled up a chair, and faced me. 

We looked at each other for quite a while before she decided to break the awkward silence, by asking my name.

“I’m Souley Muchiri.”

“Thank you,”

 “for the kindness you have shown me”

“I didn’t catch your name btw.”

She told me her name was Ann, then she asked me what happened to me yesterday. I slowly told her the events as she stood up, went back to the kitchen area and resumed her cooking. 

From the start upto when she found me holding on for dear life on the corridor’s metal grill, naked, with injuries all over my body, I narrated to her slowly, without skipping even a single detail on how I unfortunately found myself in this situation.

She told me that she was very much startled the previous night when she saw me hanging on for dear life to the railings on her corridor. 

Something in her just clicked, and she was able to calm down. That’s when she decided to help me.

As we talked, I remembered I didn’t have my phone or my clothes. As the food was getting ready I got up from where I had sat while telling Ann that I was heading out for a while to retrieve my clothes and phone from Talia’s place. 

That was the very first time, 

I saw Ann so mad. 

Her face turned pink like Kevin De Bruyne on the 80th minute, stopped what she was doing and she stopped me right on my tracks as I was to open the door to head out and said,


If you had missed,

Tales of Jezebel part 2,

here it is..,

Tales of Jezebel 2 - Shit happens




..

Comments

Post a Comment

Is a pleasure to keep you as my reader entertained. Peace✌️