View Once

                  It's in the early evening; I'm somewhere chilling with my bro tunaongea ma one two three za life, biz na gigs, ju pahali life imefika sahii hauwezi afford kukaa isolated, utaumia. There's music playing, rhumba and some zilizopendwa. After a while, my G hops on a call, and I start doing something on my phone; I think I was trying to land a client that I found, trying to make that shilling come home.

You know what the Wahengas would say if they were in this time and age?

Usipokaa sharp, shillingi haupati ng’o!



The music is playing, but it's like background noise or something to fill the silence. Time passes, nikiwa hapo chatting na client, ironing out details, my G akiwa bado kwa call. After a while naskia this song. I don't think I caught the name, but the lyrics are a bit catchy, na haijatoka kwa kichwa.


Walikufananisha na Eliya

Walikufananisha na Musa


I have heard this song before; in my mind niko zile za hii nilisikia nikiwa na Baks? 


( This is my other G; nimemnickname Baks,

usijali venye nickname ilikuja,

story for another time). 


It is a nice song; it took me back to a buried memory deep in my subconscious. It reminded me of a time, someone's daughter, beautiful, sexy, mwili yake kidogo inigeuze mluhya ju body was tea alinisimamisha tao hapo I&M nikiwa shughuli, hugged me, and started yapping about how nimemtupa, and the likes. Mimi niko hapo nimesimama niko clueless kabsaa, like the current government during a crisis, najaribu kupiece a and b together, inakataa, so I figured the best play was just to play along.


English wahengas said lightning doesn't strike the same place twice; in this scenario, it's not every day someone's daughter who's beautiful and charming anakusimamisha, just being herself na hataki kukuosha sawa sawa. So I put in a sentence or a paragraph here and there from what I have gotten from her, and the interaction takes off cleanly, kama ndege pale JKIA.  I don't know if it was just confidence, rizz, audacity, or all the above, but nilikubali manifesto yake.


When she was about to step, she was like, si uko na no yangu bado? And I was like, no, I think nilipoteza or sth. Then she came close, nikahave a wiff of her lovely scent as she put her no on my phone with a cute emoji next to her name (hapo ndio nilijulia jina yake btw), I beeped her, and she saved mine. 


After she left, I was like, that just happened. If I remember correctly, I may have entered a nearby restaurant and thought first, niitishe fanta kwanza, like an SDA faithful, but I changed my mind and opted for a cold Sprite instead. In the course of the interaction before it went how it went, she used to send me wonderful media, for my eyes only, which I could view one time, hence view once. 



That screenshot and the song playing, reminded me of that time. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Death at a funeral, the interrogation.

Cloud 9 , what's next?

Back to the basics.

Miss Anonymous 2