Sina...

Image
Imekuwa long tangu nichonge story ka venye Michelangelo alikuwa anachonga vitu clean many centuries ago. Story ilikuwa iende live but draft ilikuwa kwa simu, na simu ilizama kwa maji ka Petero venye alijishuku ati ni yeye anatembea kwa maji. Fundi naye kumpelekea simu akakuwa kama ule jamaa wa promises bandia za in “6 months”. Fundi amekaa nayo almost three weeks, ananichocha daily ati anaunda, kumbe anani-enjoy tu, simu imemlemea na hataki kunichapia.  Kuishi bila simu blunder, unasikia ni uko kwa kichaka ama ka wewe ni inmate. Nimefikiria venye shillingi itatoka nishike device ingine; itatoka ju fundi alishindwa kufufua simu hadi akili imetap out. Nikiscroll scroll YouTube nikiwa nimetulia after nimetoka kuchapiana na Boyz wangu Kimani ma one two one two, nimebump into this song called Wasted Story by Virusi Mbaya, sijui ni kama ni coincidence ama nini,  but nimerelate nayo mbaya sana na kuna part moja imepenya  “…Saka kila siku it's not enough..” “...Ma...

Precocious Profiteer

 


The first illegal business I remember that I took part in was back in Nursery School. You could be there wondering, 

“Ndugu kwani,

you didn't go to a play group?” 


Yes, ours was a nursery school then next it's pre unit, then you would proceed to class one, I hear now things have changed, they are calling it play group or whatever. We used to take uji at 10AM on the dot as a snack, or diluted Quencher when and if parents paid school fees.


Now, my mother, God bless her, had prepared for me chips. She packed for me a good sized portion  because she knew I had a massive appetite plus you know it was chips back then. She packed to eat with the juice because it was juice day.


Those boys and girls in my class started feeling kΓ­waru (jealous) because I had on me something yummy and precious. On my side, I was there happy, on top of the world shumekiaring them. Shumekiaring is present continuous for shumekia. Shumekia is just that. It will not be of any benefit to you if you ask me to interpret it for you. 


Anyway, they decided if you can't beat them, join them. They decided they got to do what they got to do, to put it plainly, they decided to do the necessary. So they decided to trade with me. They were offering what they had and in exchange I would offer countable strips of fresh fries. By the time we finished my chips, we had many hungry kids and food I could not finish. 



Because I believe in fair trade, I didn't give them back their former food for it was now mine. It took the intervention of Mrs. Kiragu to convince me to (re)share that food. She tried  to tell me Bible stories and when they did not work, she had to use her authority as an adult and a teacher.


When my mother heard about it, she wanted to ban chips in her house with immediate  effect. I told her the truth. I told her without  any fear that my fellow children had sold their food to me. I was just a trader, and I couldn't be punished for being a good businessman. Or if we are being a little  bit strict, a business boy. It was one of those rare occasions that my mother and I agreed on a bipartisan matter. 

Most times, we agreed to disagree.


Lesson: 

know your worth & the worth of your food.


Authored by NduguAbisai.

Edited by Letstoriesunfold™

Comments

  1. Naah, everyone knows I fight for my food rights

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you started your career early πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing story kaa hii ingekua na animation kidogo.. like a more detailed image of what that little boy was doingπŸ˜…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ndugu haha. Id love to meet you in person you must be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚kijana alijifunza kupunja watu mapema

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Is a pleasure to keep you as my reader entertained. Peace✌️

Popular posts from this blog

Death at a funeral, the interrogation.

Cloud 9 , what's next?

Back to the basics.

Miss Anonymous 2