Translate

The storm.. continuation.



I chilled for a bit with Miranda. She was asking questions like if what I was wearing was what I would wear when meeting Gorge. She laughed, telling me I should head home and that she would come over to my place with an outfit for me. I left Miranda’s place and headed straight home. We were to meet at six pm with Gorge, it was almost two pm, and the way time flies, you blink, two hours have zoomed past. 

Mason’s last words before he left were stuck inside my head, and my shaky breath increased with every repeat.

“I couldn’t care less about you or  your boyfriend.”

I slowly sat in front of the mirror, my mirror, the one thing that scared me the most. One look at my reflection, and I couldn’t hold it in anymore.

“I hate you J..,”

“I hate you, Jennifer..,”

“look at your ugly face”

I hit the mirror with my palm over and over again until it cracked. I stared at my face again in the broken mirror and I couldn’t stand it anymore 

I hit the mirror with both my hands and by the time I was done, my hands were bleeding profusely. Knock! knock! 

“Just a minute..,

“I am naked.”

I faked a giggle to hide my emotions and was I not perfect.

“it’s Miranda..,”

“ Looks like someone sent you flowers.”

I could picture the smirk on her face

“Miranda.., ”

“just leave them at the door.”

I was freaking out.

“alright”

I heard her say and waited until she was down the stairs, slowly opened the door then got the flowers. As I closed the door, I noticed there was a note attached to it

“I’m so sorry I couldn’t make it today. 

I’ll make it up to you next time.

Gorge.”

I switched off the lights and turned up the volume on my woofer. The music swallowed up my voice as I screamed out my frustrations.

“GOD..,”

“I have been on my best behavior,”

“allow me to fall just this once.”

With that short prayer, I pulled out the bottom right drawer and reached for my razor.

“God I know I promised not to hurt myself again..,”

“but I guess old habits die hard.”

And with every cut, my breath slowed, my nerves calmed and my mind cleared. My vision blurred so I closed my eyes as I whispered as the world and music faded away.

“oh I missed this feeling, I am home at last.”

“J..,”

“open up!”

“Jennifer! I need to borrow your pink dress.”

I couldn’t recognize my surroundings as pain shot throughout my body and I groaned like a kicked dog.

“Oh shoot!”

“Miranda!”

I whispered as I quickly switched on the lampstand beside my bed, covered up the stains, and put on my oversized hoodie. 

“J..”

“You getting laid or what?”

Miranda giggled as she asked.

“If you are,”

“I’ll be the happiest motherfucker on earth”

I opened the door just in time to see her mischievous grin 

“shut up Miranda,”

“I was getting laid in my dreams but you had to ruin it!”

I  poked her tummy 

“Make sure to invite Gorge after your date, and  make sure you get laid.”

She smirks as I let out a shaky breath and say,

“He’s not coming, ”

“The flowers were from him”

she frowned and then said

“He’s a Douchebag.”

She pulled a strand of my hair then added

“Catch you later, I have a date.”

“ no dinner for you”

I shouted 

“I’m good.”

she laughed.

I locked the door and started sketching, not willing to face the fact that I had a relapse.

If you had missed the first part, 

here it is.

The Storm


Comments

Post a Comment

Is a pleasure to keep you as my reader entertained. Peace✌️