Translate

The storm.




A broken bone heals but a broken soul gets used to the pain. I absent-mindedly stared at Miranda yapping about things I didn’t care about.

“J..!!”

“Damn girl, are you even listening..?”

Her pupils looked dilated and I couldn't help but notice how dark they were. 

“Huh..?”

“I am really sorry, you were saying..?"

I sipped my coffee to hide my frown 

“Do you have a crush on me..?”

She smirked 

“eeeewwww..!!!!”

“NOOO!”

We both bust into laughter while she signalled the waiter to pay our bill. We were headed to Miranda's place where we found Mason was already there. He was deeply engrossed in a movie because he just waved at us and continued with watching.

Miranda was, if I may, a goddess. From the top to the bottom everything was just perfect. A tiny waist that would fit into every dress, and a smooth and glowing skin to top it all off. 

She was lucky with men who loved her inside out. but me? 

Damn I was the exact opposite. Buggy T-shirts to hide my small emerging  tummy and mummies jeans to hide imperfect legs , and sneakers to just make everything look more imperfect. 

Sometimes I couldn't help but wonder what gorge saw in me but then we had never really meet . 

I was the always the one crying in the shower at midnight, the one zoning out every second and the one that never got lucky as long as love is involved. 

"so is he tall?"

Miranda eyed me suspiciously 

"why you looking at me like that?"

I hid my face in my dark blue hoodie and tried to blow it off 

"she's nervous "

Miranda murmured 

“who are you talking to, and.. ”

“yes I am nervous..,”

“it's the first time I'm meeting Gorge!!”

I sighed 

“Mason.., ”

“please tell her that she's gorgeous. "

She pinched my left upper arm. 

“Mason..?”

I snuck my head out 

"Heeeey"

He always had this certain effect on me. Just one word, and every storm inside me is calm.

“I am nervous mason, ”

“he's my first.”

I sunk my shoulders and let out one long deep breath .

"You'll be fine, "

he sighed,

"I need to leave though. "

He twisted his face 

"dude, you've gat to stop doing that! "

I yelled. I didn't  know why I was angry but I was fuming inside. 

"what did I do? "

He raised his hands up as a sign of surrender 

“You've changed.., ”

“ever since I told you I found someone.., ”

“you keep pushing me away! ”

I was at the verge of crying, I could literally feel the sting in my eyes.


"oh.. so now am jealous!?"

he yelled 

Oh my goodness! He yelled, he has never done that.

"I couldn't care less about you, and your boyfriend. "

He slurred out the word boyfriend. His face was neutral and I was seconds away from crying.

"Get out Mason!! "

I yelled 

“I am sorry, ”

“I didn't mean that.”

He scratched the back of his head 

"LEAVE "

A tear dropped..

“J..,”

Guilt was written all over his face.

"Can we talk after you meet him? "

He whispered 

"you can show yourself out"

I glared at him 

"alright "

He got up, turned around, and headed for the door. As soon as the door slammed, I let it all out...


Comments

  1. You always leave us stranded along the road

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome story ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ I would like to read more and more of this

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing๐ŸŽ‰,,,you such a good writer looking forward for more fun here๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading this๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wanted to like this because I enjoy most of your stories but the points of view were all over the place and I had no idea who was talking or even where mason came into the story or his relevance

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whatever is your problem with these crazy cliff hangers๐Ÿคฆ
    Great piece though ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look after your quiet friends... I already have a feeling this will not end well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Is a pleasure to keep you as my reader entertained. Peace✌️