Translate

👻 Booo 2👻

From the creator of 👻Booo👻,


Wanjiru the Storyteller,

&

Letstoriesunfold


bring you the continuation.


Normally, how I walk to my place after work is the same as how someone pressed to use the washroom moves. That evening, I kid you not, I walked all the way to my place with a bounce in my step, and giddy like a six-year-old girl.

The way I waited, even after drying off, freshening up, in pajamas munching on something to quiet the hunger pangs. There was no text, not even a missed call in the morning even after dozing off on the bed with the phone in my hand waiting.


The crazy part about adulting is that you do not have time to brood over such things. Preparing and going to work while thoughts were turning in my head on what I had done, or not done, to scare him away.



The day dragged itself slowly, time slowly ticking towards the end of my shift. I had accepted what I saw as reality, that it was, what it was. Coming to terms with it, as they say. Let me tell you, no worse anxiety shakes you up like waiting for someone who you have fallen head over heels for to text or call you.


As I was leaving the workplace after my shift, I checked my phone for a while. Saw that there was a missed call from a new number, and that someone had tried to call me a few times.


You never know who is or was trying to reach you with a new number, perhaps you have won a jackpot, an emergency regarding family, an opportunity to make money, or it may be con artists with their smooth honey laced tongue. I quickly returned the call to check who it was, who was calling me.




Damn damn damn!


Who else could it be other than the handsome guy from the matatu from yesterday evening? You can guess your pretty penny who was happy after hearing the voice from the handsome guy from yesterday from the matatu. 


Before that call, the world seemed gloomy, gray, and dark, but after that call, the world lit up brightly like the, you all remember the,


I see colors, the wonder of colors advert,

from Crown paints,

right?


From that call, one thing led to another thing, which led to another thing, and my fingers are crossed if it goes well, it will progress to another thing with my finger having a wedding ring. 


Let's all wait and see,

shall we?

Comments

Post a Comment

Is a pleasure to keep you as my reader entertained. Peace✌️