Translate

Ahaaa...

When Julie confirmed that we were good to go for a date, I never could have imagined it could be in a hospital. I glanced at the wall clock, it was fast approaching 7 P.m. The weather was not friendly at all out here and worst of it I never thought of carrying my cardigan and now I was shivering so much that she had to give me her hood. 

I was looking lambistic as fuck, all this trouble for just a girl. I had my day mapped out well. Being a weekend I could have gone out with my buddies but then I got a text from my supposedly date that she was finishing up on her shift and I could pick her from work. Julie has been on my radar for quite sometime and she always seemed slippery but now that an opportunity had availed itself, 

I thought why not?

Little did I know, how things could take a twist.

“Is she out yet?”

I intercepted a nurse coming from the operating room. She just nodded a big no, went about her own way, and I criss crossed my legs waiting patiently. I could have gone home at that point, but I opted to just linger around, don't ask me why.

At precisely 3 P.m I had arrived to pick my date. She was looking gorgeous, we hugged for a while I took my sweet time to feel her boobs on my chest when the alarm, her alarm went off.

Cold Blue !!! 

Cold Blue !!! 

 And with that she disappeared into the Operating room, blowing me a kiss in the air promising to come back. I headed down to the cafeteria to grab something bite and something hot to drink to chase the cold. Just as I sat down on the cafeteria seat, to sinal the cafeteria guy to come and take my order, my phone beeped. It was Champezz calling. I knew he was  curious as a young child, becausehe wanted to know how the whole thing was going.

Champezz

“Yoh bro, so how is it going over there?”

Me

“Terrible. I'm still in the hospital.”

Champezz

“Damn men thats fucked up.

This is why I don't involve myself with medics. Complicated life.

So no pussy tonight huh?”

Me

“Don't be dumb,

not everything is about pussy bro.”

Champezz

 “Signs of a weak man.

Anyway, 

should I come there to pick you up?”

Me 

“Thanks but I am good, I will wait for her.”

Champezz

“Oyah later.”


I clicked the phone off, placed it back into my pocket and got down to eat when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Glancing behind it was Julie, and boy! did she look tired .

“Should I order something for you ?’’ 

I asked her .

“Not really, lets share yours,’’ 

she replied as she took a seat next to mine. We ate in silence, each of us contemplating on the next line of action now that the date was obviously not going to happen.

“I am really sorry for today. 

Apparently we had an emergency and the nurse who was supposed to pick for the next shift didn't show up and I just had to fill in ,’’ 

she said wearily. 

“I probably should go before it gets late then .’’

I said .

“I hope you ain't angry,’’ 

she queried .

“We are good.’’

I answered but deep down, damn I  was disappointed with Julie, how she had just messed my entire day. There were many places I could have been but I canceled last minute. I had turned down Barbs, Mercy, Brenda, Rukia, Aisha, just to name a few. 

I just wanted to get out there as quick as possible and see if I could salvage my night. I cleared the bill and just as we hugged, boom! The lights went off and thunder struck and within minutes the rain drops could be heard.

“Lets go to my office and wait for it slow down,’’ 

she volunteered. I let her lead the way. Gentlemen, do I need to give a reason? My ancestors were organizing a great play for me, and I was sure as hell going to see it through.

Comments

  1. Captivating read. Writer pulls you in slowly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Is a pleasure to keep you as my reader entertained. Peace✌️