Translate

What if?

The previous few weeks had been draining. I don't want to get into details, but bad things, one after another, kept on happening, and all you could say is Yarabi, shake that tree, let the bastard fall, and fall hard! 

Anyway, bad things happening back to back might make your blood boil in anger, or you sink in a deep hole of anguish and despair. I decided to go chill with someone's daughter for a while. 

You know, the good old Netflix & chill. There I was, arriving at someone's daughter's residence, having scrutinized all exit points in case shit hits the fan or as the layman says, (incase kanuke), and I got the chance to bounce real quick. Having done the necessary, and layed out a plan in my head in case things go south, I knocked on her door. 

I had informed her prior to coming, and she had given me the go ahead to come, but it never hurts to be prepared, you never know.



She opens the door, and I can't help but laugh. She is in a minions themed onesie, looking cute and hilarious. She grins sheepishly, then rushes to hug me. I am no hot sufuria, so the hug lingers for a few minutes until she breaks it off, takes my hand into hers, and invites me to come in.

I came inside her place, bent down to remove my shoes, and placed them aside. I then proceeded to settle on her sofa, while she went to the kitchen to fetch some snacks. She came back with snacks, and drinks, after setting them down, she started perusing the movie selection. 




She scrolled for a while searching, then found one that intrigued her curiosity, and mine, she let it play while making herself comfortable, cuddling up on the sofa, in her onesie, with yours truly. The movie was amazing, set in the 14th century, where the technology that we have today was just a fantasy. 

It starts nicely with the residents living well, each going about their business, then two lone travelers enter the town, with their clothes torn, bodies bruised, and their swords covered with something that looked like blood or ichor. Chilling music playing in the background, confusion gripping the residents.

Some want the two travelers gone as soon as yesterday, others want them to stay, others want to run away, others want to charge blindly to danger. The movie was entertaining, frightening in some scenes, pure comedy in other scenes, plus a bit of romance. 



A few minutes after the movie had ended, she sat up, turned and faced me, and asked

“Souley,

ungekuwa kwa situation ngori kuliko hii, 

ungefanya nini?”

I put my serious face on, and pose a question back to her, 

“Situation gani, inaweza kuwa ngori, 

kuliko yenye tumeona, 

kwa movie?”



She was quiet for a bit, her face was like she was contemplating on something, then she was like, 

“What if, 

uamke ujipate kuna zombies?”

Damn, this gal was trying to test me. I looked her straight into her eyes, and said, 



“Survive by all means, 

splattering the brains of any zombies that would try to turn me, 

into a snack, 

then 

I would try to find you and see if, 

you were strong enough to survive 

or 

you have turned into 

a zombie.”


Comments

  1. Her to the zombies, " they will not find me. They tried it but they didn't and still won't."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ni lazima tu ungemkatia somewhere in your explanation 😂😂😂 typical Souley

    ReplyDelete
  3. story fiti kama kawa bro

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Is a pleasure to keep you as my reader entertained. Peace✌️